Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#26 25-06-2010 10:29:48

mordred
Hérétic Modérator / Occult Team Leader
Lieu : 29

Re : Hellfest 2010 : What did you like ? What didn't you like ?

Apollyon a écrit :

I wish there were spirits at the bar and not just beer. Also a larger range of sizes of beer? £3 for small or £13 for large? Would have been get to get washed cups aswell.

Selling spirits is forbidden in the festival in France, just beer and wine ... nice country tongue !

#27 25-06-2010 11:16:14

Wezza
Membre
Lieu : Brisbane, Australia

Awesome festival overall..... great lineup.

A few gripes:

1) Toilets, not enough in the campsite
2) Food, expensive and not enough variety
3) Lockers, would be handy so I dont have to carry valuables around with me.

and my worst gripe

4) Drink cups, swapping of drink cups with other peoples is lazy, fuc-king disgusting and a health hazard.......

Dernière modification par Wezza (25-06-2010 11:16:51)

#28 26-06-2010 11:53:52

Vitus
Membre

Apart from the swapping and not cleaning drinking cups, I have almost no complaints! I guess I got "lucky" when going to the toilet. But still it's alot better than other fests.
Big thumbs up for the excellent bill! Unfortunately the overlapping was sometimes annoying... Candlemass/Twisted sister/Discharge... the horror!!!

I hope Hellfest remains as it is now and not get bigger.

Next years headliner: Soundgarden !!!

#29 26-06-2010 21:05:53

acidvirus71
Membre

I didn't see a problem with the drinking cups, On the first day if we handed over 4 cups , we got the same 4 cups back, i know my friends well enough not to worry about their germs (although my brother did have a bit of a cold).
Also one morning i had some soup in my cup (from the campsite stove) and was worried i would get it back, but it was swapped for a clean one.
From what i could see  the cups that i handed over (on the second and third days) were swapped for old but clean cups from previous hellfests.......not something i would complain about.

#30 02-07-2010 00:37:55

cylon
Membre

Just like a few people here mentioned, the line up was just unbeatable. Cleanner toilets on 2011 edition would be appreciated though!

Here's a long review on the whole weekend with pics, in case anyone want to have a look: http://www.rockonnection.com/?link=rev&cod=105

#31 02-07-2010 13:31:35

fREDfield
Membre

Liked: almost everything, I go to a lot of festivals and this one has some really great aspects:
- toilets were ok, some of you posting here have definitely never been to some of the filthier festivals big_smile
- food was ok too, maybe a little expensive but enough variation and healthy alternatives to the regular festival food were there
- line up was frickin' awesome! diverse and totally metal big_smile
- atmosphere was really great! Great moshpits with friendly people (not that way at every festival), super response, sing along crowd... \m/
I went to graspop in Belgium just last weekend and people there were dull in comparison to hellfest crowd...
- the two mainstages are perfect: one show stops, next show starts!
- sound for most bands was very good, which isn't always that way either
- french chicks in general and the tamtrum chicks in particular big_smile

Disliked:
- toilets could have been emptied/cleaned a little more often, as were the male only toilets on the festival terrain, they were full all the time and everyone just peed in the bushes which rendered it a quite smelly place... but hey, it's a festival big_smile
- some cancels/changes were not announced rapidly or at all (walls of jericho switched with another band, dying fetus and count raven cancelled), may be better to show lineup changes on the big screen between 2 shows?
- maybe just a tad too much crowsurfing with combat boots and spiky metal shit tongue
- and then the most MAJOR DISLIKE:

Hannargh a écrit :

-Also, Kyuss not being able to play was a bit of a bastard. There was no reason as they were the last band and they were willing to do an encore? FUCKING KYUSS! MAN!

YEAH THAT WAS FUCKED UP!
I was really pissed about not letting them play an encore after such an epic show (with Nick Oliveri and Brant Bjork, legendary \m/ )... the stage people immediately came out to switch off all the amps when they were just done playing and the whole fucking tent was screaming for more... Furthermore, Garcia wanted to play more, we were all screaming for Demon Cleaner, I never got to see that one live, everyone was really disappointed they couldn't play more. People were REALLY pissed off about this, including me.
Even worse: the only other act still playing was (imho waaaay overrated) Kiss, and they played longer than they were supposed to. If you should stop any band from playing yet another lame ass song, it should be Kiss and not Kyuss (Kyuss doesn't have any lame ass songs big_smile )

#32 03-07-2010 01:22:14

Carrion
Membre

my dredged up memories of the great weekend, with some pics too

http://altbrit.proboards.com/index.cgi? … hread=2368

#33 03-07-2010 02:11:57

cylon
Membre

agree with Fredfield on the outrage surrounding Kyuss. Definitelly the one to stop sooner should have been overrated Kiss, yet i do understand why things have to be like that. Also, Garcia played for just over an hour anyway, so it was far from being a short set.

#34 06-07-2010 14:00:18

KrgFn
Membre
Lieu : Göteborg

I had a great time, the things I would suggest:
-Hand cleaners on the toilets, at Download they have the alcohol based hand wash things inside each cabinet, it would be cheaper that installing water points near the toilets
-Project the previous years DVD's on the giant screen at the Camping, that shouldn't cost much either
-Sell the merch at the metal corner in the camping so we can get it then tidy it in our tent before going to the festival grounds
-Exploit the sceens at the mainstage between the concerts (even if it's only 5 minutes), warn people about pickpockets (that would have been necessary this year), band time changes, maybe let brands do some advertisements to get the cost of the screen down a bit...
-phone chargers, other festivals have partnerships like the "Vieilles charrues" do with SFR to charge peoples phones, otherwise invite a company to offer to recharge phones, even if people have to pay for this, they will! especially people from oversees.
-"Camp loner": saw this at Download festival, at the entrance of the camping there is a sign "Camp Loner", people that are by themselves can find people to camp with right here. This could make people decide to go to the festival if they are alone and don't want to camp alone or are scared to go to a big festival like this alone. This wouldn't cost much (just need some advertisement on the forum and maybe in the program books that are handed out and to print a flag or something for the meeting point)

Otherwise the only thing I disliked this year were the bands not clashing 2 by 2, especially in the terrorizer tent.

Apart from that thumbs up, had a great time and will be back again of course, can't wait for the next band of the line up!

#35 08-07-2010 14:47:15

Clad in Shadows
Membre
Lieu : Germany currently !
Site Web

There are almost 4000 people more attending than in the previous years, and the toilettes are still being cleaned only once a day. I would suggest cleaning them at least twice or even thrice.
Food was unbelievably bad AND expensive.
Would have been also a good idea to sprinkle water around the mainstages, exactly like in 2008.
The sound for some bands including Decapitated and Necrophagist was quite terrible. Dont know if this has to do with Hellfest's sound engineers themselves, or just the bands'.

Otherwise great festival! Had loads of fun!

MESHUGGAH for Hellfest 2011!

#36 11-07-2010 21:25:44

shagrat
Membre
Lieu : Manchester, UK

Clad in Shadows a écrit :

There are almost 4000 people more attending than in the previous years, and the toilettes are still being cleaned only once a day. I would suggest cleaning them at least twice or even thrice.

Totally agree, once a day was not enough imho.

Clad in Shadows a écrit :

Food was unbelievably bad AND expensive.

Some of it was good, the Tartiflette, the crepe, the mexican chilli in a hat stalls were great. The ice cream stand was also good.
The chinese food stall was appaling though, the food was extremely salty and full of msg. Diseasedmind and meself felt quite poisoned after eating their food, we didn't go back a second time though.

NOMEANSNO for Hellfest?

#37 11-07-2010 21:31:16

MetalWombat
Modérateur Impitoyable
Lieu : Massy -91-

btw, toilets were cleaned twice a day.

\m/ KBfM Crou Member \m/ ...and I AM THE LAW !
Beer : it's not just for breakfast anymore...
Les Pissous : RAB (sauf Sloth <3)

#38 11-07-2010 21:39:18

shagrat
Membre
Lieu : Manchester, UK

MetalWombat a écrit :

btw, toilets were cleaned twice a day.

Were they? It didn't seem like it. The men's urinals seemed to stay full all day, once they had reached their overflow limit.

NOMEANSNO for Hellfest?

#39 11-07-2010 22:57:16

MetalWombat
Modérateur Impitoyable
Lieu : Massy -91-

I meant the ones at the campsite. wink

\m/ KBfM Crou Member \m/ ...and I AM THE LAW !
Beer : it's not just for breakfast anymore...
Les Pissous : RAB (sauf Sloth <3)

#40 12-07-2010 11:05:00

KrgFn
Membre
Lieu : Göteborg

You could also maybe put some toilets in the shower points (that wouldn't be used as much as the ones on the path), only people that have paid could use them and they might be a bit cleaner wink

#41 13-07-2010 08:14:41

daveingham
Membre
Lieu : Worksop, England
Site Web

KrgFn a écrit :

You could also maybe put some toilets in the shower points (that wouldn't be used as much as the ones on the path), only people that have paid could use them and they might be a bit cleaner wink

That's a great idea Sean !

Original live concert photos   http://www.flickr.com/photos/47142214@N00/sets/

#42 14-10-2010 00:57:54

tom8854
Membre
Lieu : Bromsgrove UK
Site Web

First time I've been on here in a long time.... last time I went to Hellfest was 2008, also went in 2006. Hoping to go again this year although currently unemployed...

Good to see things are improving, although still a lot of complaints about toilets it seems. Paid toilets (a small block) would probably not be a bad idea. I know other festivals do it - I know some people don't care where they go but it would be nice to have a shit without the nauseating smell of the last 10 shits in there.

.::Tom::.

#43 30-11-2010 21:46:14

therion1963
Membre

Dislikes>>>>
LET ME IN EARLIER....... I want to get into the arena before the bands get on stage not half way through the first one!!! Dew Scented were awesome last year and played to 100 people!!! I only saw them play 3 songs!!!!
NO SWAPPING BEER CUPS...... Say no more!!!
ANOTHER BONFIRE PLEASE........ Can't get close enough to the one fire... too many people!!

Likes>>>>>
PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING........The choices of bands.....excellent choices mostly{NOT TOO MANY OLD CHEESY METAL BANDS PLEASE}.....not too big or small....DON'T GET BIGGER!!!....4 stages that are close together and only 20,000 people to get around means i don't miss any bands...PERFECT!!!

See you next year!!!

Pied de page des forums