Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 22-06-2010 22:22:36

MetalWombat
Modérateur Impitoyable
Lieu : Massy -91-

Hellfest 2010 : What did you like ? What didn't you like ?

Hellfest 2010 is over now...
The staff is always interested to know what you liked and what you didn't like.
Tell us what you thought about it !
What improvements would be appreciated in 2010 ? But remember, you're not writing to Santa ! wink

\m/ KBfM Crou Member \m/ ...and I AM THE LAW !
Beer : it's not just for breakfast anymore...
Les Pissous : RAB (sauf Sloth <3)

#2 22-06-2010 23:09:03

Voyelles
Membre
Lieu : Manchester UK

Re : Hellfest 2010 : What did you like ? What didn't you like ?

My only major gripe was regarding access to early morning bands which was severely impeded by long queues at the entrance. Better to let people in 1h / 40mns before, or make the first bands play that little bit later!

Oh, and try and put some kind of mead on the drinks list (hydromel in French). You have no idea how many warriors were lacking their fuel!

Dernière modification par Voyelles (22-06-2010 23:10:41)

#3 22-06-2010 23:15:52

Alexgs138
Membre

The lineup was flawless - absolutely the best lineup in Europe this year. The grounds are just the perfect size and the whole layout, including position of stages, market, Metal Corner and food and bars is not to be tampered with. You have it all spot on there.

The only improvements to be made could be the handling of facilities. I'm no expert, so can't offer methods of improving this, but the toilets and showers were consistently absolutely vile unless used really early in the morning. The result was a 15 minute trek to stand in a 20 minute queue to use the single-toilet amenities Leclerc had. I know it's to be expected at festivals that toilets are not for the faint-hearted, but honestly, on more than one occasion this weekend it looked like people had actually exploded in about 5 neighbouring toilets and they didn't seem to get cleaned til the next day.

Also, maybe to have an increase of medical staff on-site if at all possible. I injured my shoulder carrying tents to our site on the Friday and was in a lot of pain throughout the weekend - I saw the team on hand maybe half a dozen times through the weekend. Regardless of the fact I couldn't sleep with it or anything, the medical staff that were there were a terrific help, but seemingly the only actual doctor available didn't offer any help at all - he couldn't speak English and so relayed what he was saying through one of the staff on hand who struggled to communicate with me anyway and it was just impossible to get across that the painkillers they gave me the night before had no effect. I'm not putting this down to him being poor at his job, because doubtless, there were people with more serious injuries than myself that he had helped a lot, but I think he saw me as a bother as opposed to someone who just wanted to be made a little comfortable.

The only other thing is something I've seen on these boards a couple of times - phone charging facilities would be an absolute godsend.

Thanks for a top weekend, though. I'll be sure to get along once more next year! smile

Dernière modification par Alexgs138 (22-06-2010 23:16:51)

#4 23-06-2010 03:03:02

slayerizer
Membre

Thanks for the great festival! The one thing that I definitely DID NOT like were the facilities: the toilets were horrible and the showers were very very cold, making it nearly impossible to take a shower in cold early mornings. Also the food was very bland but that's to be expected at festivals anyway.

Oh yeah, the lineup was amazing, I don't know how you can possibly top it but Coroner is a great start wink

#5 23-06-2010 09:42:14

semyaza1977
Membre
Lieu : London
Site Web

I had the most fantatisc weekend!  Met some cool people, the beer was cheap enough and cold which was fantastic.  The line-up was ace and everything else, like Metal Corner, the food stalls and bars were fantastic too.  No complaints there whatsoever.
I agree with Alexgs138: phone charging facilities would be the only quality addition for next year that I think would make it better.

Thanks for putting on a brilliant festival.

\m/

#6 23-06-2010 10:06:28

Dani_Viking
Membre
Lieu : Asgard
Site Web

well now that the fest is over, and one of the most brilliant weekends of the year has gone, i could tell what i liked and what i didn't liked:

liked:
- the camping was really well organized
- the sound was very cool and it be listened like in everywhere
- the tokens for beer
- the tents were huge which gives the chance of watch a gig in some conditions
- the bathrooms

didn't liked:
- the opening hour for the concerts area, i almost lost dew-scented and 69 chambers because of the lack of pontuality.
- the high prices of the food were a bit high in my opinion
- the points of water were a bit far away from the camping.

apart of this, i had the most great time in hellfest and thanks to the organization for putting up this amazing festival. keep up the good work and cheers!

allez pour hellfest!

#7 23-06-2010 11:01:55

siren20012
Membre
Lieu : Frankfurt, Germany/ Leeds, UK
Site Web

cheers for an absolutely awesome weekend.

Although Kyuss getting booted of stage was retarded...

A thousand amps toll the end-time riff

#8 23-06-2010 13:29:56

Libelle_uk
Membre

This was my first ever festival and I have to say it was awesome! Cheers!!  This will def become an annual event for me! 

Really liked:
* Girls only toilet at the festival grounds (thank you so much for these - they rocked!)
* Facilities in the festival grounds - loved the big ass fire at night and the chairs to sit on whilst you eat
* Awesome line-up
* Proximity to shops in Clisson
* Extreme Metal Market
* how close we could park to the camp site (well got there pretty early) and how easy it was to set up and get wrist bands etc.
* Prices of drinks were realistic as was the food.

Not so hot on:
* Toilets in camping grounds .... by the second day the Vineyard became the toilet.  I am totally aware that festival bogs are  ... well  "shitty" but this was  fucking grim.

Apart from the toilets it was really amazing.  Met so many great people and loved how there was almost no agro at all.  Another highlight for me was standing in the Le Clerq shop on the Saturday and hearing all the metal heads cheering

Cheers for a great weekend

#9 23-06-2010 13:34:22

Natasja
Membre
Lieu : Goes, The Netherlands
Site Web

I had an amazing weekend also. smile

I agree with Alexgs138 about the line-up it was totally awesome, definitely the best of the summer festivals in Europe, like every year i think, went to Hellfest last year too because of the great line-up.

I will make this post longer when i have the time, something i would like to say now is:

SOME ASSHOLES stole my friends clothes from his tent while we were on the festivalground, that is truly terrible and dissapointing and they left one cheap ass can of beer in his tent as a return.. They stole for like 200 euro of clothes.. They only took the shirts and trousers they liked pffff.. sad

#10 23-06-2010 15:27:40

semyaza1977
Membre
Lieu : London
Site Web

On reflection my only gripe was the lack of locker space.  I asked some members of security for lockers and they told me that there were none which was a real bummer.  Lockers must be available for next year, especially in light of what happened to Natasja's friend.

#11 23-06-2010 16:03:45

roachyboy
Membre

Loved:
• The variety and quality of bands, what a line up. Kyuss made me cream.
• The quality of the sound from the main stages. Round of applause to you.
• The venue layout; stages, eating areas, water, toilets, chill area, merch, all close together, cool.
• The fire.
• The fireworks.
• French rock chicks.

Didn't Love:
• Motorhomes being in the car park.
• The crappy route walking in a big 50-minute loop from the car park, past the venue to the roundabout, then half way back on ourselves to get to the venue entrance. Thanks for that shit.
• Walking ages from the car park to the nauseating campsite toilets.
• Finding a bunch of logs sticking out the crapper every time, campsite and venue.
• Guys pissing wherever they liked in the venue.

Overall, thank you for a great fest. I got blisters but loved the music and atmosphere.

Dernière modification par roachyboy (23-06-2010 16:06:15)

#12 23-06-2010 16:28:51

Punkage
Membre

I didnt have much problems with the festival, the lineup was awesome, new layout was cool

Only problem I had was that we missed the announcement that Finntroll was moved to an earlier timeslot, I remember hearing an announcement in French but obviously paid no attention to it and thus I missed them, not necessarily the festivals fault as I am in a foreign country

The other problem that some of my friends had was with the vegetarian food stand which sold food with fish in it and so they were told the only option they had was salad baguettes or really expensive pizza

#13 23-06-2010 18:21:51

Lord Gothmog
Membre
Lieu : Denmark

First I'd like to say that I had a damn great festival.......in my top 3 ever (of more than 35).

Liked:

- Lineup (something like 9 of my 10 favourite bands were there)
- People (great vibe)
- Size of festival (please don't ever make the Wacken mistake and make the festival huge)
- Beerprices on festival site (quite reasonable)

Didn't like

- The toilets (a lot better than 2008, but still bloody horrible)
- The showers (seriously.....COLD water with absolutely no pressure)
- Beersizes (get the 1 liter mugs lige Wacken or at leats let us be able to get pints)
- That the festival area closed almost before the last bands were finished (let us have a little time to party before we hit the camping area)

Again.....I loved Hellfest 2010!!!

Dernière modification par Lord Gothmog (24-06-2010 08:01:27)

#14 23-06-2010 18:29:37

DanM
Membre
Lieu : England

Just a suggestion:

Can the bar staff stop swapping our cups? Several times I got someone elses used cup. Not really bothered about the fact someone else has used it, but I would have liked to keep my cup and not get a worn out cup.

When I was getting my final beer, I got my black Hellfest cup swapped for a shitty pink cup!

Metal Market was great though, wandered round it each day.

EDIT: Thanks Semyazza1977 for gifting me black cups big_smile

Dernière modification par DanM (24-06-2010 18:22:14)

#15 23-06-2010 18:32:37

daveingham
Membre
Lieu : Worksop, England
Site Web

DanM a écrit :

Just a suggestion:

Can the bar staff stop swapping our cups? Several times I got someone elses used cup. Not really bothered about the fact someone else has used it, but I would have liked to keep my cup and not get a worn out cup.

When I was getting my final beer, I got my black Hellfest cup swapped for a shitty pink cup!

Does anyone have a spare black Hellfest cup that I can buy? Would have liked to have kept hold of my black one.....

I refused to take a pink one. Always insisted on them using my own cup every time ... on the Sunday anyway !

Original live concert photos   http://www.flickr.com/photos/47142214@N00/sets/

#16 23-06-2010 20:34:58

Swede
Membre

Everything was absolutely top notch except for a few things:

*Pretty hard to see the band playing in the Rock Hard Tent if you were standing near the back, and even if you were in the front row you were pretty far away from the band.

*The food was crap.

*The long walk from the camping area to the festival area.

Still had the time of my life though! smile

Son of Northern Darkness!

#17 23-06-2010 21:50:26

Metal Martin
Membre

Liked:

1.  Improved toilets - not perfect, but equal to other festivals
2.  Line Up - awesome
3.  Attitude of festival goers (mostly)
4.  Price.
5.  Proximity of camping to festival area.

Disliked:

1.  Lack of lockers - really need to sort this.  I was paranoid about getting stuff nicked - didn't happen, but I was pickpocketed at Wacken - so couldn't take too much into the arena, which left my tent as the only option!!
2.  Lack of security around camping area.  The last night and final morning in particular were a problem - people setting fire to stuff on the final night was really, really dangerous.
3.  Location of water facilities inside festival.   Personal hygiene is really important at festivals.  So making sure hands are clean after going to the loo is really really important.  I ran out of wet wipes on the last day and so had to go from the toilets near the entrance past the two stages to the water are to wash my hands. 

However, I have to say that the festival was great fun and, actually some of the staff in places like McDonalds and Leclerc were a credit to the French people.

Britain's Hardest Rocking Politician

KISS for Hellfest 2010

#18 23-06-2010 23:33:15

Hannargh
Membre
Lieu : Jersey, UK.

Firstly, Hellfest 2010 was my first ever festival. The line-up was fantastic as was the location and grounds. Was slightly concerned about the seemingly RAW chicken, but hey, who cares. Frites & Crepes, right? So, thank you for making it fucking AWESOME.

However, there were a couple of things that I think could have been improved which were:
-CROWD SURFERS: By far my most unpleasant experience -the amount of times I got kicked in the neck and head by HEAVY men with steel-toe capped boots is unimaginable. There should be way more strictness on crowd surfing as it totally ruins the atmosphere, and many other people agreed with me at my camp. Dunno, put crowd surfers in a cage for the remainder of the festival or something..
-Also, Kyuss not being able to play was a bit of a bastard. There was no reason as they were the last band and they were willing to do an encore? FUCKING KYUSS! MAN!
-Finally, beer. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD have bigger cups! It's either a cup or a jug? C'est ridicule!

I hope I can go next year,  best weekend of my life! Thank you so much for putting up Deftones, Kyuss & THE MIGHTY DEVIN TOWNSEND!!!

#19 24-06-2010 00:23:30

Blueprint
Membre

Like:
- The line-up: excellent variation between bands, generally great performances.
- Extreme market: decent amount of stands, could basically get everything I wanted.
- Food quality was generally decent.
- Wine bar, which gives the festival a unique French vibe.
- The design of the festival site: short walking distances and plenty of free space.
- Clean water area at the campsite.
- Metal Corner

Dislike:
- No washing of beer cups, which is simply disgusting, especially when you get someone else's cup back. Clean them, damnit!
- The state of the camping toilets most of the time.
- No announcement in the Terrorizer tent about Architects not playing.

Other small points for improvement:
- Slightly bigger campsite: it was really packed.
- Bigger beer cups and/or:
- Better allocation of the bars: at least the Rock Hard tent could've used a regular selling point nearby (so not only the wine and special beer stands).
- Most of the food was rather expensive, should be a bit cheaper (unless food is generally expensive in France, don't know about that).
- 2-euro coins that could be split in two (or having whole and half coins). There's not much fun in carrying loads of coins all the time or having to get new ones often.

The overall impression was really good though, especially because of the amazing line-up. Keep up the good work with that and hopefully you can work on the weaker sides of the festival a bit too to make it even better smile

#20 24-06-2010 00:34:32

Carrion
Membre

tremendous experience for the third year running, probably saw more bands than ever before.

liked most  - CRUST!!!! doom and discharge immense.  lets have ENT and wolfbrigade next year please

recurring complaint, not necessarily one that could be sorted, seems the greatest number of cancellations this year plus quite a few bands playing less than their alloted time.   quality over quantity though.  thanks.

#21 24-06-2010 16:51:28

Gisli
Membre
Lieu : Iceland

It's great to see the festival improving each year, this year particularly with better toilets (my girlfriend was very happy to see a girl's only toilet), bigger metal market and ATMs on the festival site.

There are a few things that could still be improved though.
The queues to get into the festival site each morning were very long.  Letting people in earlier would probably help a bit there.
Visibility in the Rock Hard tent.  Having the stage slightly higher should make it much easier for people in the back to see anything.
Communicating changes to the schedule.  I was very surprised when instead of Count Raven a french hardcore band took the stage, and when I went to the Info desk they didn't seem to know anything about it.

Overall the festival was great as it is every year and if the lineup will be as good in 2011 as it has always been then I hope to make it six in a row next year.

#22 24-06-2010 18:21:15

DanM
Membre
Lieu : England

Gisli a écrit :

Visibility in the Rock Hard tent.  Having the stage slightly higher should make it much easier for people in the back to see anything.

+1

Couldn't really see Muhammed of Necrophagist shred sad

#23 24-06-2010 21:52:37

envy_liam
Membre

liked the layout of the arena this year wher the food places were. was a lot more spacious. 16, DOOM, magrudergrind and black cobra wa awesome for me

#24 24-06-2010 23:43:24

Apollyon
Membre

DanM a écrit :
Gisli a écrit :

+1

Couldn't really see Muhammed of Necrophagist shred sad

Same here, but I did luckily manage to get into second row for Nile. The guitars were also waaay too quiet for Necrophagist.

I think the bands started too early and the que's were huge; as a result I ended up missing Gorod and The Faceless.

I wish there were spirits at the bar and not just beer. Also a larger range of sizes of beer? £3 for small or £13 for large? Would have been get to get washed cups aswell.

Lockers and phone charging facilities should be looked into for next year, I am sure people are willing to pay for this, especially after people becoming unfortunate victims of pick pockets.

Also a shame Dying Fetus cancelled but hey these things happen.

Overall though, Hellfest was FUCKING AMAZING. Incredible bands, Metal Market, Fireworks, great vibe, vege stall was good. Cant wait till next year!!

#25 25-06-2010 04:27:33

Kastor
Idôle des pucelles
Lieu : Paris/Londres/Berlin
Site Web

Natasja a écrit :

I had an amazing weekend also. smile

I agree with Alexgs138 about the line-up it was totally awesome, definitely the best of the summer festivals in Europe, like every year i think, went to Hellfest last year too because of the great line-up.

I will make this post longer when i have the time, something i would like to say now is:

SOME ASSHOLES stole my friends clothes from his tent while we were on the festivalground, that is truly terrible and dissapointing and they left one cheap ass can of beer in his tent as a return.. They stole for like 200 euro of clothes.. They only took the shirts and trousers they liked pffff.. sad

semyaza1977 a écrit :

On reflection my only gripe was the lack of locker space.  I asked some members of security for lockers and they told me that there were none which was a real bummer.  Lockers must be available for next year, especially in light of what happened to Natasja's friend.

I feel sorry about that robbery problem, and even if I agree about that locker idea, that should be really hard (ie. impossible) to realise.

Could you imagine how many lockers there should be in order to make an even almost efficient system?
There must be like 12k/15k people camping, so even if setting up a locker for 10 persons, that's still 1.200 lockers to buy...and to set up!! And where? hmm

About the food, if anyone wonders, the price is not set buy the festival but by the food-tent owners themselves (which explains the priceless dishes)

Dernière modification par Kastor (25-06-2010 04:31:16)

KB[f]M Cröu Legend! (Idôle des pucelles dans Muteen)

"Warglhouais j'suis trop frais, t'inquietes" - Rone (2007)
www.kastor-pics.com

Pied de page des forums